William J. ConwayOwner - Attorney
William “Will” Conway moved back home to Tennessee and started William J Conway Esq. PC, a solo practice, exclusively dedicated to criminal defense in 2008. Since starting his practice in Nashville, Mr. Conway has handled cases ranging from first-degree murder down to simple drug possession cases. Additionally, Mr. Conway has handled several complex wire-tap drug conspiracy cases. A mutual passion for defending citizens accused of crimes brought Mr. Conway to Bell, Tennent, & Frogge, PLLC where he served in an Of Counsel capacity for 5 years. After one partner left to become Executive Director of the Public Defender’s Conference and another went to pursue Federal Death Penalty work, BTF split up and Mr. Conway went back to having a solo practice. He devotes his practice to representing those accused of crimes and is an experienced trial attorney having handled thousands of criminal cases at various stages in trial and appellate court levels. Mr. Conway has handled over 30 First Degree Murder cases.
Mr. Conway also handles Title IX claims from all of the local universities. He has successfully represented Respondents accused of Title IX violations at Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Belmont.
Routinely, Mr. Conway is consulted by local media outlets to provide expert analysis on various aspects of criminal defense.
Born and raised in Knoxville, Mr. Conway attended the University of Tennessee at Knoxville.
Cases In The News
- After two trials, duo not guilty in murder case
- Tennessee man still in prison 2 years after wife’s lie
- Bill setting deadline for Tennessee parole cases heads to governor
- Tennessee parole board flaws in the John Leon Smith case
- President – William J Conway Esq. PC, 2008 – Present
- Of Counsel – Bell, Tennent, & Frogge, 2012 – 2017
- State of Tennessee v. T.C.- First Degree Murder- Not guilty After Trial
- State of Tennessee v. C.Y.- First Degree Murder- Facilitation plea pre Trial
- State of Tennessee v. A.P.- First Degree Murder- Voluntary Manslaughter plea pre Trial
- State of Tennessee v. C.C.- First Degree Murder- Dismissed Pre Trial
- State of Tennessee v. C.B.- First Degree Murder- Not Guilty After Trial
- State of Tennessee v. J.S.- First Degree Murder- Voluntary Manslaughter Probation Sentence
- State of Tennessee v. L.A.-First Degree Murder- Fac. of Esp. Agg. Robbery plea Probation Sentence
- State of Tennessee v. P.V.-First Degree Murder- Voluntary Manslaughter plea